Home
About Baum
Products
Specials
Open an Account
Spec. Calculator
Info/Build Sheets
Custom Build Orders
Return Policy and Warranty
Contact
Printable Catalog

Username:

Password:

(please use your 12 digit customer number to login into your account)
Register  | Recover password


Cart is empty
 

View cart
Checkout
Orders history



About BAUM
Baum Hydraulics Corp :: About BAUM

About BAUM
Baum Hydraulics, located in Omaha, Nebraska, has been a Wholesale Distributor and Customer Driven company for over 140 years. When the settlers started moving west, Baum provided horseshoes, anvils, wooded spokes to wagons and buckboards. In the 1950ís Baum began to offer the Red Book Catalog of Hydraulics for the first time, and by the mid-60ís Baum was in the ball bearing business as well as providing hydraulic and power transmissions.

In 1969 the Red book became a registered name for the Baum Iron Catalog.

In 1970 customers wanted quick answers by telephone, Baum Iron became one of the first to offer a Toll Free 800 number.

In 1982 Customers required technical information. Experienced outbound and inbound specialists provided knowledge to customers free of charge.

In 1989 Customers want to fax orders or quotes any time of day or night. Baum Hydraulic answered with a Toll Free, 24hr. FAX service along with its Toll Free Watts lines.

As the world progresses, Baum still provides all of these innovative services. Continuing the tradition of staying in the modern age, Baum has again stepped up to the plate with a new, customer-friendly website. www.baumhydraulics.com

Baum Iron Company was established in 1857 and was originally across the street, however this building has carried the Baum Iron name since the early 1900ís. Dealing in iron, steel and heavy hardware throughout Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Iowa, and Kansas, this was the largest wholesaler of iron products in the Midwest. The cast iron storefront for the structure in the Italianate style was made in St. Louis and assembled on site in Omaha in 1880.

Originally two stories, the third and fourth floors were added in 1891. The original owner was Steele. Johnson and Co., wholesale grocer. After the addition of the floors, the wholesale hardware and cutlery firm of Lee-Clarke-Andreesen used the building. Baum Iron Company purchased and occupied the property in 1905.

sprocket In the year 2000 the company became Baum Hydraulics Corporation and now sells nationwide.
 
BAUM HYDRAULICS Copyright 2011 | 1221 Harney Street, Omaha,Nebraska 68102 | (402) 345-4122 • (800) 228-9222
Terms + Conditions | Privacy Policy | Website by REBEL INTERACTIVE

SSL Certificate